Friday 27 March 2015

Human Communication - Diary 9


Nowadays, forming groups is our natural part of life. For example, we need to form a group to do assignment and to complete our mission.  Small group refers that individual depending on one another for common objective or to complement each other. Besides that, Sir Anwari also taught us about format of small group which included the round table, the panel, and the symposium-forum. But, why we need all these things? Actually, we need round table because it enable members to hear clearly when sharing the information. We need the panel because it also can let members to understand easily. Furthermore, symposium shows that each member delivers a prepared presentation much like public speech and conferences. Power in small group also play a vital role in completing mission. Therefore, there are different categories of power inherent indifferent individuals such as legitimate power, referent power, reward power, coercive power, expert power and information power. Besides that, we also learn about types of small group which are idea-generation groups, personal-growth groups, information-sharing groups, and problem-solving groups. 


Sir Anwari also told us that problem-solving group is very important. That is because in this category, group come together to face or solve a certain issue or problem. There are 6 stages in solving issues. Firstly, we need to define and analyse the problem and then establish the criteria for evaluating solutions. After that, Identify possible solutions and evaluate solutions. Lastly, we need to select solutions and then test solutions. If failed, we can try again. If okay , then proceed. For example, I always got a bad result in examination and this is my problem. So, I ask myself , "Why I always score bad result?" After that, I realised that I did not pay attention when lecturer was teaching in class and another reason is I am too lazy to do my homework. Therefore, I try to change myself to solve this problem. I want to concentrate and pay attention in class. Besides that, I also will become hardworking and do homework every day.  I will do revision  before the examination is coming. So, I hope this solutions  could help me to solve my problem.

Finally, small group is very important in our life. That is because small groups are usually formed over a need to address certain issues that would be hard to solve alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment